We have all been there before. Wanting to try out the luxury beauty brands, but get a bit leery when you see the price tag associated with it. Let’s be honest, some of these products and their corresponding price tags are just down right disrespectful! Have no fear, the power shopper of the world is here!
There are a few things you should try first if you do not wish splurge on a luxury beauty brand.
1. Join Hair swap meetup groups. This is a great way to test out expensive products, you can either trade up or buy for huge discounts. Not to mention you are sure to meet some pretty cool people along the way and get rid of products that didn’t work too well for you. It’s a win-win.
2. Check out Ebay. You will be surprised as to the many beauty items you can BUY NOW or BID for on Ebay. You can get some pretty good deals there. Everything from skin care items to hair products to curlformers.
3. Check out Amazon and Overstock. Both are additional online resources for finding beauty brands at a discount. The additional benefit is that you don’t have to bid or wait for the listing to end. Often times you can get free shipping.
4. Ask for and purchase samples directly from the company. I know the samples for some companies can be as much as $4 for an ounce which is cray-cray. This gives you the opportunity to try before you buy. Its better to spend $4 and say “dont believe the hype” than to spend $35+ to find out the same thing. Often times samples may be sent for free or for the cost of shipping only.
5. Signup for discounts and news letters. It’s always a good idea to signup to be on these companies mailing lists. You will notified of when sales happen and you may even get additional saving codes. Sometimes you will even be invited to subscription only sales. This gives you the advantage of knowing WHEN the best time to buy that product you have had your eye on.
6. Visit the outlet store. You can get discounts on beauty brand by visiting your nearest outlet. MAC makeup, Lancome and tons more are available for discount. Beware, there will be a varied selection so if you see something for a great price that you love, buy 2. There is no guarantee that your shade, fragrance, or product will be there the next time to visit the outlets.
7. Ask about discounts and specials. Many stores will give military, teacher, and student discounts amongst others. They tend to not advertise this much, but there is absolutely no harm is asking right?! Give it a go, and you may be surprised as to how much more you can save.
8. If all else fails: Save for it and get it when you can. I don’t suggest anyone break the bank on any luxury product, whether it’s the Clarisonic or a styler. If you plan and save in advance, you may feel better about your large purchase vice going out on an impulse buy mission. When used in conjunction with the other tips, you may save anyway!
I hope this was helpful as all these steps are taken by me when I want to buy something that I feel is overpriced.
What tips do you have for buying luxury products?
Until Next Time,
Peace and Blessings